Based at AJCA-NAJ Offices, Reynoldsburg, OH
Reports to Treasurer
Objective: To assist with all operations of the Accounting Department. Assist in maintaining financial records, general analysis, as well as many day-to-day functions of the department.
Share this job
RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide assistance to the Treasurer and/or be responsible for the follow areas:
- General Ledger;
- Accounts receivable. Including, but not limited to deposits, customer account maintenance and invoicing, monthly statements, credit balances, delinquent accounts and letters, written-off accounts, etc.;
- Accounts payable;
- Bank reconciliations;
- Jersey Marketing Service – private treaty, public sales, royalties, analysis, etc.;
- 1099 processing;
- State Sales tax;
- Assist with human resource management;
- Analysis and reports for departments and ledgers as requested;
- Equity Membership Data Base;
- Work with supply vendors and office equipment vendors (ie. copier, mail machine, suppliers, etc.);
- Back-up various duties within the responsibilities of the accounting department (which also may include receptionist and mail room);
- Assist with general office maintenance/management;
- Special projects;
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested by the Treasurer or Executive Secretary.
College graduate with degree in accounting or equivalent experience. Must have excellent understanding of all aspects of accounting procedures. Must demonstrate excellent skills in time management, computerized accounting, spreadsheets, word processing, Access, (Office Suite), plus be familiar with general office machines. Position requires individual initiative, attention to detail and professional, administrative and organizational skills. Must be organized to meet deadlines. Position requires frequent contact with staff, members and dairy industry professionals. Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to multi-task. General knowledge of agriculture and/or dairy industry a plus but not required.
Working Conditions: Full-time position. Works in an office setting. Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required to carry out responsibilities.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Employee benefit package available.
View Complete Position Description
Posted August 4, 2021
Use this link to submit your letter of application and résumé to Vickie White, Treasurer, 6486 E. Main St., Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-2362. Applications may also be submitted by fax at 614/861-8040 or by email with "Staff Accountant" in the Subject Line of the message. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Apply for this Position