Part-Time Appraiser, Linear Type Appraisal Program
Nationwide, on-site. This is a part-time position.
Objective: Provide accurate evaluations and effective service to herd owners as member of the appraisal staff for the AJCA linear type evaluation program.
Share this job
- Serve as an appraiser for the AJCA linear type program.
- Provide service as needed to dairy producers and milk processors utilizing AJCA-NAJ programs and services.
- Market AJCA-NAJ programs and services to potential customers.
- Serve as a cattle marketing agent through Jersey Marketing Service.
- Represent the Jersey organizations and the Jersey breed at various activities and functions.
- Promote the advantages of the Jersey breed and Jersey milk to dairy producers and dairy industry support organizations.
- Serve as liaison between customers and management. Provide field information to management.
- Establish a good working relationship with Jersey leaders in the area.
- College graduate with a degree in the field of agriculture or equivalent experience. Dairy production background is desired.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate ability to work with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
- Must be willing to travel extensively, have broad knowledge of the dairy industry and excellent communication skills.
- Above all, must have the ability to work well with people in a wide variety of situations.
View Complete Position Description
Posted February 14, 2017
Use this link to submit your letter of application and résumé by email or fax to 614/861-8040. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Apply for this Position